Youth Gurney Lane Cool, Creative Art Days - Summer 2020
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
We are all about art in the park with inspiration all around us! Your child can create wonderful art projects, enjoy getting some fresh air, and have a so much FUN using his/her creative mind! There is a wide-array of superb activities to choose from.
All supplies and materials are included.
The Department is delighted to partner with CRAFTED to present the following children’s art series! Let’s inspire your child’s creativity with these fabulous art programs at Gurney Lane!
Gurney Lane Recreation Area Pavilion, 118 Gurney Lane
All instruction provided by Crafted Educator, Tammy Mullen.
- All participants must wear face masks and provide their own
- Participants should take their temperature before leaving for the program. If a participant’s temperature reads 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, they will be disallowed from participation in the program.
- All participants will be socially distanced
- Upon entry to the program, participants will have their temperature (non-touch) taken and a brief COVID-19 assessment completed
- Participants will use hand sanitizer at entry/exit points and throughout the program, as needed
- Only registered participants will be allowed to enter the programming areas.
- Squirt Gun Painting - In this fun program, kids will have a blast as they create super cool art. Check out this fun way to paint!
- Hummingbird Feeders - Let’s create feeders to enjoy nature up close everyday. This creative project will bring these awesome birds all summer long!
- Nature Art - Using Things in Nature - The natural world offers many fascinating examples of art. Children will use items found in nature to create art of their own!
- Tie-Dye Fun Day - Kids love to tie-dye! Children will tie-dye items to show their own unique style! Please bring your own t-shirt to dye.
- Towel and Washcloth Animals - Learn how to create amazing creatures made from everyday items!
- Wood Cut-Outs - Creative Fun! - Children will use their creativity to design items that they can use at home to display and decorate.
- Felt Succulents - Kids will make fantastic felt plants that look like the real thing. You don’t need a green thumb!
- Sensational String Art & S.A. Part 2 - This is an all-time favorite for kids!
- Wood Pallet Flags - Let’s show our patriotism, as we create large-size American flag art!
- Hot Air Balloon Paper Mache - (2-Day Class) The kids will make hot air balloons to display for the upcoming balloon festival season. They can take pride in a balloon they created and designed all by themselves!