Adirondack Herbals - Wellness Seminars
Lise M. Fuller, Herbalist
Lise has been growing and harvesting plants and herbs for over 30 years. She apprenticed with Rosemary Gladstar of Sage Mountain School in S. Barre, Vt. and Gail Ulrich from Blazing Star School in Shelburne Falls, Mass. Lise studied with Christopher Hobbs, David Hoffmann, Dr. Tieronna Lowdog, Matthew Wood, 7Song, and many other Herbalists over the years. She studied Botany and Nursing courses and served on the Board of the North East Herbal Association for several years.
Lise has conducted many workshops in the Northeast, including ones for Glens Falls Hospital and Mary McClellan Hospital. She taught about herbs at the SUNY Adirondack College’s Nursing program. She has worked as an Herbalist in a physician’s office and has a large Herbal Medicinal Garden
at the SUNY Adirondack campus.
Lise has recently published her book, Get Well, Be Well, Stay Well with Herbal Plants, and she has been honored as the 2019 Winner of the Thomas DeBaggio Book Award by the International Herb Association.
HERBAL APPROACH TO COLDS AND FLU
- This class will provide information about what herbal plants to use to help with wintertime illnesses and specific conditions: preventative, colds, flu, respiratory, etc.
- The discussion includes the proper preparation for specific herbal plants and proper dosaging.
- Samples of several herbal teas and syrups will be featured.
MEDICINAL PLANT IDENTIFICATION IN THE WILD
- Join us to learn about the local wild medicinal plants that grow in our area.
- We will gather plant cuttings to create a simple Herbarium on site, which helps to remember the plants. During this workshop, we will discuss how the plants are used and their impact on wellness.
- This popular program is not only informative, but provides an enjoyable outdoor experience!
- All materials and supplies are included.