Skip to content
Alert: Grades rolled on 6/1/19 - Enter Grade based on 2019-20 School Year
Queensbury Parks and Recreation
How to Register
For the best browsing experience, please upgrade to
IE 9 or greater
Skip to nav
CHANGING THE TIDE 7-WEEK LIFESTYLE MEDICINE COURSE
Presented by: Lauren Varney, MD, CHWC
Dr. Varney received her medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine and completed an internship in psychiatry at UMass. She is a certified health and wellness coach through Wellcoaches. Please visit her website at:
As a medical student, Psychiatry Resident, and Urgent Care Physician early in her medical career, she learned all that she could about the etiology, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Since trading medicine for motherhood in 2006, her focus, energy, and passion have shifted from disease to health. Her desire to
understand and experience personally what it means to be well (physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually) has led to years of independent in-depth study and training in nutrition, lifestyle and integrative medicine, brain health, stress modification, and the faith and health Connection. Her passion for personal wellness and her desire to educate, equip, and support others are at the foundation of
Stepping Stone Wellness
Over the course of this 7-week series, participants will:
• learn the importance of vision setting, goal setting, and motivation as a foundation for success. Participants will create their own personal wellness vision statement, set appropriate weekly goals, and learn to track their progress.
• receive nutrition education, organized topically (liquids, carbohydrates, protein, fats, fruits, and vegetables). Each participant will receive a copy of
Eat Right For Life
by Dr. Ann Kulze.
• learn about other important lifestyle medicine topics including
sleep, stress, and physical activity.
• learn about gut health, brain health, reading food labels, navigating
the grocery store aisles, and more.
• receive a grocery store shopping guide as well as a variety of
handouts, recipes, and food samples.
the program fee includes a copy of the book, Dr. Ann’s Eat Right for Life, by Ann G. Kulze, M.D.
Log In to Register
7-WEEK LIFESTYLE MEDICINE COURSE
18 and up
09/26/2019 - 11/21/2019
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Queensbury Activity Center
$75.00 Res, $85.00 Non-Res
No Program 10/17/2019 & 10/31/19
* Adjustments and discounts will be applied during checkout if applicable. *
Return to Programs
View All Activities