Pickleball Clincs for Adults - SPRING 2019
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Pickleball Clinics for Adults
with the Traveling Pickleball Pros
The Department is thrilled to partner with Traveling Pickleball Pros to offer these exceptional clinics to learn and hone your pickleball skills. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned player, these clinics will provide an opportunity to improve your game!
All Clinics are held at Ridge/Jenkinsville Park Pickleball Courts, 133 Jenkinsville Road, Queensbury
HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT THE PROS:
Ken Henderson, Founder & Director of Traveling Pickleball Pros. Resides part- time in Saratoga Springs N.Y. and Florida. He is the first IPTPA Level 2 Certified Teaching Professional in the Northeast area. He enjoys partnering up with some of the best players in the country, while Co-Directing Camps with top Pros such as Dave Weinbach, Zorano Tubo, as well as Rob Cassidy. Ken enjoys teaching players of all levels the fundamentals of Pickleball and the finer points of the game.
Ken’s Tournament Experience includes winning 26 Gold and Silver Medals including: 2018 Atlantic Regional Mixed Doubles Gold, Winning the Gold Medal in Singles at 2018 US Open, in November 2017 won 2 Bronze Medals at Nationals and just recently in May won the Connecticut Masters Men's Doubles Gold Medal and in June won the Gold Medal in Mixed Doubles and the Silver Medal in Men’s Singles at the Empire State Games.
"Z"orano Tubo - New York's first Level 2 IPTPA Certified Teaching Pro, as well as first IPTPA CRS (Certified Rating Specialist). He is also Co-Director of Traveling Pickleball Pros. Zorano resides in Endicott N.Y. and is proud to have had hosted many clinics, private and group lessons for the Boys and Girls Club there, as well as co-hosting many clinics in the tri-state area with Ken. He is also the current USAPA District Ambassador for Southern New York.
"Z"orano's Tournament Experience includes achieving many Gold and Silver Medals throughout numerous local and sectional tournaments throughout tri-state area. You can look "Z"orano up on his site: facebook.com/pickleball607, to see his tournament history.
Further, Ken and Coach "Z"orano won the Gold Medal in Men's Doubles in the 2018 New Hampshire Masters Games.
Rob "The Ninja" Cassidy: Level 2 IPTPA Certified Teaching Pro. Teaching experience includes leading a two-day clinic for PE teachers from across NY State at the NY State Association for Health and Physical Education Conference at the Turning Stone Casino. He coaches students privately across his home town of Rochester, NY, as well as in surrounding states. Furthermore, he offers classes and clinics for different skill and age levels from the basic shots to beginners to advanced tactics for higher level tournament players.
Rob's Tournament Experience Includes: 2017 Atlantic Regional Men's Doubles Champion, 2017 International Indoor Men's Doubles Champion, 2-time New York State Men's Doubles Champion, 2017 New York State Mixed Doubles Champion, and 2016 US Open Championship Medalist.
The equipment is provided for use, so you have nothing to lose! It is a fabulous experience and you will learn to improve your game!
Beginner Pickleball Clinic Information (Level 1.5 - 2.0)
- The 2-hour clinic is for players who are new to the game or only have been playing a short time and would like to improve and learn better fundamental technique in their game.
- The numerous strokes and shots that will be taught feature: Serve, Volley, Overhead, Forehand and Backhand Drive Shots, and Return of Serve and Dink Shots.
- You will also learn the rules of Matchplay and how to score.
- Students can expect to learn the basics of the game in a fun-filled manner!
Intermediate Pickleball Clinic Information (Level 2.5 - 3.5)
- The 2-hour clinic is for players who are looking to improve some of their technique on Volley, Serve and Drive Shots, as well as focusing on their softer shots such as the Dink Shots and 3rd Shot Drop, which the Pros will teach and work with you in detail.
- In the last 40 minutes of the session, you will get a chance to play with and against the Pros, while they critique your doubles Matchplay.
Advanced Mini-Camps/Clinics (Levels 3.5 & UP)
- The 3-Hour Boot Camp-style clinic is for players who are Advanced or Tournament-level players.
- Drill stations will be set up on each court so that you can work on your fundamental strokes (Drive Shots, Volleys, Overheads and Serve/Return), while hitting many balls.
- We will also work on improving your soft game, as well.
- The three advanced shots that we will work on will be: 3rd Shot Drop, Topspin Volleys, and Advanced Dink Shots, which will all be explained in detail.
- The last 1 hour and 15 minutes will be spent playing with and against the Pros in doubles Matchplay.
- Furthermore, you will also work with the Pros on improving your Doubles Strategy and Shot Selection.